- Merit Medical Evaluations has provided Independent Medical Exam and Peer Reviews services for over 14 years.
- We are a specialized company that serves as a physician’s “back office” for medico-legal work.
- We aim to provide the best possible organization of medical records with a clear understanding of the specific questions that need to be addressed.
- Being a physician-owned company, we understand the time-consuming processes involved with preparing and administering IMEs, so we take care of all the back-office billing and scheduling requirements for our clients while providing quality assurance on 100% of files prior to delivery.
- At Merit, we believe a high-quality exam serves everyone’s best interests.
Merit Medical Approach to the Workers’ Compensation Patient
- Throughout life, people experience events that can lead to injury, pain, and dysfunction.
- Medical and surgical assessments often focus on anatomical structures as the source of pain and that approach can lead to the overuse of invasive surgical and interventional procedures.
- Often, dysfunction is the result of the confluence of medical, psychological and social factors that were not fully assessed or addressed.
- The failure to recognize and address the important medical, psychological and social factors that impact outcomes results in complications that elevate the risk of poor outcomes and long-term disability.
- Merit evaluates the “man in his world”, including medical, psychological and social factors in order to improve the safety and effectiveness of care and to promote outcomes that preserve long-term capability.
- “A physician is obligated to consider more than a diseased organ, more than the whole man – he must view the man in his world.” Harvey Cushing, MD
- Merit brings medical experts and a platform of medical, psychological and social evaluation tools together to fully evaluate, inform decisions and improve results.
- Merit Predictive Modeling can assist in identifying the high at-risk factors that indicate the potential for poor outcomes.
- Early assessments offer an important opportunity for early intervention and improved outcomes.